July 1, 1848 - Fr. Joaquin Masmitjá founds the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for the purpose of rebuilding society through the education of young women.
August 2, 1871 - Fr. Masmitjá sends out Sisters from Spain to the mission country of Los Angeles, California, at the request of Bishop Amat.
April 26, 1924 - The Sisters in California establish their own foundation.
Early 1970's - Mother Joanne, while on pilgrimage to Rome, pledges her fidelity to Pope Paul VI.
1976 - Mother Joanne requests permission of David M. Maloney, Bishop of Wichita, to establish a house in his diocese.
June 22, 1976 - Mother Joanne, Sister Eileen and Sister Giovanni arrive in Wichita.
August 1976 - IHM assists in Diocesan religious education office and begins teaching at Bishop Carroll Catholic High School.
1979 - The community in Wichita becomes autonomous.
1985 - Bishop Gerber approves the Constitutions and Directory of the IHM Sisters of Wichita.
1997 - IHM opens a local convent in Hutchinson, begins teaching at Trinity Jr/Sr High School, St. Teresa Elementary and Holy Cross Elementary.
1998 - IHM celebrates 150 years since original foundation in Spain.
1998 - IHM begins teaching at Kapaun-Mt. Carmel High School.
2000 - IHM begins offering annual public novena in preparation for the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
2000 - IHM unites with the bishops of the world in entrusting the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
2001 - IHM begins offering public First Saturday devotions in the Motherhouse Chapel.
2001 - IHM purchases six stained-glass windows for their future Motherhouse Chapel.
2002 - IHM helps lead diocesan events for the Year of the Rosary.
2003 - IHM begins offering public Holy Hours for Vocations on the third Tuesday of each month.
2003 - Bishop Olmsted re-opens discussions on the building of a new Motherhouse for IHM.
2004 - IHM purchases statues for future Motherhouse: the Holy Family, the Sacred Heart, and adoring angels.
August 2004 - IHM begins teaching at St. Peter the Apostle Grade School in Schulte.
September 15, 2005 - IHM opens local house at St. Joseph Parish.
August 2006 - IHM begins teaching at St. Joseph Parish.
October 13, 2006 - IHM Motherhouse moves to St. Joseph Parish; Motherhouse on Woodchuck is torn down to make room for the expansion of BCCHS.
September 8, 2007 - IHM is raised to the status of a diocesan institute.
October 2007 - IHM goes to Rome to witness the beatification ceremony of 3 IHM martyrs of the Spanish Civil War.
August 2008 - IHM begins teaching at St. Margaret Mary Parish.
May 9-11, 2010 - IHM receives Apostolic Visitors representing the Holy See as part of the Visitation of Religious Communities of Women in the United States.
June 13, 2012 - IHM purchases Simon Farm in Colwich, Kansas.
Site by Solutio