Characteristics of the typical discernment process
1. God initiates
2. At some point, if one is listening, it becomes apparent that God is asking you to follow a certain path
3. The person is usually frightened at first
4. The person normally feels inadequate to fulfill this vocation
5. There has to be a trust in God that He will supply what the person is lacking
6. When one says yes, there is a feeling of peace
7. Later, there can be a time of testing. God gives the grace to withstand the trial.
8. With perseverance, there is a growing fulfillment, growth as a person, and sense of peace.
9. The above steps are illustrated in several vocation stories found in Sacred Scripture as well as in the lives of our Sisters of today
Site by Solutio